Saturday, March 3, 2012

Radiator work

I had the kids help me roll the 47 from one side of the shop to the side with the lift.  We took the front clip off.....man I love the tilt front, remove 2 pins and the whole front comes off. 

I played around with a few options then fabricated this lower radiator support.  I had to cut about 3 inches off of the upper and lower radiator hoses to bring the radiator as close as I can to the pulleys.  Up top I still need to fabricate a support.  I am working on some options.  The lower support was pretty simple.  When I put the front clip back on and chech for clearance I should be able to finish welding the support. 


My next big project is going to be a redo of the firewall.  I have been trying to figure out the best way to do this.  I would really like to redo the entire firewall and make it smooth and flat.  I didn't make it to the sheet metal shop this week for some flat stock but got thinking, pulled out the cutting disc and cut the back panel out of the Dakota's tailgate.  I have to do some more figuring but I think I am going to weld it in as the new firewall.  I am going to try and keep the embossed DODGE lettering for fun just so the Dodge doesn't get completely lost in the project.Sorry IHC guys but this is a mixed project.

The picture below is why I have not done as much on the truck as I should.  I took the kids up night skiing.  The photo is from my cell phone and does not do the sunset justice, but it gives you an idea of how great it looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment