Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tight fit

I thought I did a great job with the radiator support only to find out it conflicted with the tilt mechanism.  I cut it out and reworked it.  The kids helped me put the front back on and I think it should work.  The front tilts up and down and the radiator fits.  I need to fab the upper supports and somehow tie it to the engine block but I have a couple of ideas that should work.  The pic below shows how little room I have to play with up front.


View from above...... not much room.

This pic shows the beginning work on the new firewall.  I cut out most of the old.  I plug welded some of the holes.  Now I am debating the best way to complete the next steps.  I may leave it open a while longer while I do some of the cancer repair work on the cab sides.  It would sure be a lot easier to do the work with the firewall out.  I would love to get the firewall in so I can set the steering and brakes but I think I will wait a bit.

Opening it up wide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment