Thursday, December 1, 2011

After destruction comes the rebuilding

So I lifted the remaining cab up and slid it back onto the bed of the Dakota to get it out of the way until I can chop it up and take it to the metal salvage yard.  I may still scavenge the cab mounts from it so I will hold onto it for a while.

This first shot is of the IHC cab being moved from it's little rolling cradle to sit now just about the Dakota frame as I start rough measure and fitting.  Behind it you can see the Dakota "convertible cab" sitting in the bed.

In and earlier post I mentioned wiring......this is the wiring harness from the cab to headlights.  If I undid the electric tape and zip ties it would truly show how large it is.


I am working on rough fit on the fenders and cab.  The front fenders are going to require some surgery as is the Dakota front frame ears. Due to the narrowness of the IHC front I am going to lose the Dakota radiator and have to buy a custom radiator.  I will need and electric fan setup and I have to remove the hydraulic fan clutch to save some room.

No comments:

Post a Comment