Thursday, December 22, 2011

Grrrrrrr......radiator blues

Mrs. Claus was awesome and bought me a radiator for Christmas.  It came a week ago but it won't work.  First I messed up and ordered the inlet/outlet fittings on the wrong sides but if they were correct the newer rad would have been much too thick.  I am fighting with very minimal space from the pulley system to the nose cone of the front sheet metal.  I have 3-4 inches.  I sent back the new rad and took the Dakota rad to a local shop for surgery.  He is going to cut about 4 inches off of the rad and I will see if we can get this to work.  I am hoping with a shroud and electric fan I can keep the motor cool enough.

Next big project will be the front tilt clip.

I have also noticed I will probably have to get a smaller brake booster.  The current one is much too large and likely will not fit with the smaller firewall area I am working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment